Camping with kids can be really exciting for the entire family. This is an opportunity to teach your kids to respect and love the nature and camping. When you are planning for such type of vacation, make sure that the kids won’t feel bored. You should plan for exciting camping activities for kids. Plan games and various other fun ideas to keep the kids busy and engaged during the camping the trip. Also, it is very much important to teach your kids about outdoor safety tips and teach them some wilderness skills.
Here are few exciting camping activities for kids:
- Plan the toys beforehand that you want to take to the camping trip. Durable toys and balls can offer great camping activities for kids. Children will get lot of entertainment when they play with small trucks in those dirt trails.
- Kids get lot of entertainment when they blow bubbles in the great outdoors. For this, try to find a good bubble recipe that will give fun and excitement to your kids.
- Playing cards is another among the great camping activities for kids. For young kids, card-type games are always a hit. So, include playing cards in your camping gear.
- Group hiking is also one of the great camping activities for kids. Hiking activities not only keep your kids interested, but also your children will love about the important species of nature.
- Fishing is another great activity that gives children a lot of fun and excitement. Include fishing gear in your camping checklist, such as weighted hooks, plastic rubbers and rod & reel combinations. Fishing is great camping activity for 8 or 9 years old children.
- Biking is also an activity that kids love. But this activity will depend on your camping location. If the location has ride-able trails, it is a great fun providing activity.
- Nature bingo is another camping game that offers great fun to the kids. Before leaving to the camping trip, prepare some cards with words or pictures that resemble things that you can find in the woods. Make different cards and tell your kids to find the matching item that they find on the bingo cards. I am sure, kids will really take it as a challenging task and they will enjoy a lot.
- Campfire building! It is really a delicious way to teach your kids about building and the safety of campfire. Allow your children to lit the campfire and cook anything they like to eat, such as cooking the fish or chicken.
A little bit of planning and with little everyday stuff, you can make the young campers busy and fun whenever they feel boredom at camping trip.