Find some of the best and easy camping activities for kids to keep them occupied and learn something about the nature.
Camping is enjoyed by everyone including kids. However, you really need to rack your brains to keep children busy in camping sites so that they will enjoy the camping trip. For that, an advance planning is required so that you have abundant activities in hand for the kids to enjoy. There a number of camping activities for kids which you can plan of. You need to understand the psychology of a kid and understand what they exactly will like to do. You need to plan for some fun filled activities so that they do not miss their dear television and computer games. Let us look into some camping activities which kids will like.
- Children love water. You can arrange for a baby pool where they can splash to their heart’s content. A better option for little grown up kids who know swimming is to leave them to play in a pond or a lake around you. However it is advisable to keep a watch on them. The experience of swimming in nature is something which is just beyond description. There are some camping sites which also allow boat rides in the river for a minimum cost.
- Kids also love to fish. Give them fish bait and leave them by themselves to fishing in the pond with minimum adult supervision. For excitement you can also conduct competition on the number of fishes each kid gets to catch and then announce a prize. They will simply be surprised and engrossed. You can also send them for some small and nearby excursions to collect wood for food or to collect different kinds of flowers and plants. They can also help you with setting up the tent.
- You can plan for some outdoor games like cricket, badminton or tug of war. Children love playing these sorts of games. Ask them to suggest some game which they would also love to play. Make sure that the place they are playing is safe and secure.
- You can rent a bike and along with kids you can also get to enjoy some of the nature on your way to nature trails on the bikes. Bike ridings are adventurous as well as very enjoyable as you can also enjoy the panoramic view of the nature around you. Plan your trip accordingly as there will be children with you and carry a small map if necessary.
- A very important part of camping is eating the best kind of food which you do not get to eat every day. Give children their favorite food and see them glow with joy. If you are planning to camp for a long time you also need to carry medicines with you. Also with your supervision, allow the kids to cook food and also encourage them to plan out a no-fire cooking activity.
- If you are bored of staying at the same place take the kids out for bird watching or some adventure. Sometimes wild animals are also spotted during the camping trips. Plan a campfire in the night when it is dark to keep away any animals that may spoil your trip.
Kids enjoy camping when it is filled with fun and activities. Let them enjoy the moment at their best along with you!