A simple family camping checklist should consist of all the important things required for during a camping expedition. Family camping takes a lot of planning in order to ensure that the whole experience turns out to be an enjoyable one for the entire family. A family camping checklist is considered one of the best methods of enjoying a camping trip with the family. The checklist would include all the important things that you will require and thus you remain assured about the fact that you will not miss out on anything. There is nothing worse than forgetting something very important for a camping trip.
Some items are a must-have for a camping trip and they are generally the big ticket products. You can either invest in buying new products or borrow them for a regular camper. These products include:
- Camping tent
- Tarp or Ground cover
- Air mattresses or sleeping pads
- Portable crib to be used for the young kids.
- Some favorite items for the kids to be used during sleep time and of course pillows.
- Helpful equipment
Clothing – one of the most important parts of family camping
Carrying proper and enough clothing during a family camping trip is very important. It is also necessary that you carry plenty of extra clothes for kids.
- Hats, gloves and jackets for cold nights.
- Nappies and diapers if applicable.
- Beach blanket
- Camp chairs
- Toiletries for each and every family member
- Baby wipes that can be used for other purposes as well.
- Camp towels for every person
- Toilet paper
- Headlamps and flashlights
- Lighter or matches
- Insect repellant
Camp kitchen essentials
Camp meals should always be kept very simple so that it is not a big problem to arrange for the tools and the ingredients required for cooking food. For a minimal camp kitchen you will require:
- Camp stove and butane or propane
- Cooking utensils, pans and pots
- Plastic cups and plates because they do not break and they can even be stored very easily.
- Cooler along with ice
- Portable booster seat or high chair for young kids
- Reusable bottles of water for every family member
- Food items to be used during meals
- Snacks in large quantities such as crackers, chocolates and marshmallows
- Water which is very important plus other favorite drinks
- Trash bags
- Paper towels
Games and fun
A family camping trip cannot be complete without games and fun. This is because kids require something for entertainment. Remaining active while camping is in itself a game and it is quite enjoyable too, but there are some other items which should also be taken and they include:
- Glow sticks
- Play tent camping bingo or scavenger hunt list
- Coloring books, crayons and favorite games
- Field writing and journal
- Drawing tools
- Books to be read during bed time
- Binoculars for wildlife spotting and stargazing
These are some essential items to be included in a simple family camping checklist as they are very important to make the entire experience a comfortable and enjoyable one.