The Electric Auto Division will emphasize the 91st running of Pikes Peak International Hill Climb on 30th June 2013.
The motor sports event held behind Indy 500, in USA last year has set eleven new records. The first contest took place on fully paved 12.42 mile with 156 turns begins at 9390 feet and ends at 14110 feet.
The events’ increasing nationwide prestige is once again visible this year with participants from Belgium, Brazil, Czech Republic, Canada, France, Great Britain, Hungary, Italy, Japan, Lativa, Sweden and Poland. The show will feature experienced drivers with 17 wins on Americas Mountain, Japans Nobuhiro Jajima and New Zealander Rod Millen.
The 63 year old Tajima will be driving Tajima Motors E-Runner. The Japanese driver won the unlimited division eight times and the first to crack the ten minute mark winning the 2011 title. 61-years-old Millen, who is familiar with the Toyota fans, will be appearing for the first time in the Electric division driving Toyota TMG EV P002 that has won Electric title last year. He has won nine titles in Pikes Peak including five Unlimited Crowns.
Japan’s Ikuo Hanawa, champion for 2010 and 2011, will also be participating the Electric field with his wheel of Summit HER-02 vehicle.
Paul Dallenbach of Basalt, CO, has teamed with Rhys Millen in the Time Attack division.
- Jason Archuleta of Colorado Springs will be defending his title on his 2005 Yamaha YZ250 bike.
- Davey Durelle of Elizabeth, CO will participate in the 450 cc division on his 2009 Honda CRF450 bike.
- Travis Newbold of Wheat Ridge, CO will be on a 2005 Honda CRFX bike, defend his 2012 title.
- Marc LaNoue of Houston, TX will be on board with his 1971 Triumph Champion bike to crack his own record in the admired division.
- Steve Tutt of Platte City, MO will defend his title in the Quad Modified field on a Honda TRX 2006 bike.
- John-Thomas Wood of Adelanto, CA, will be on 1996 Windle Suzuki bike.
The tickets for Pikes Peak International Hill Climb event for 30th June 2013 are now available in advance charged with $40 for general admission and $135 for Family Four Pack. Camping permits are for sale on first-come first-serve basis at a price of $100 each.
Tickets are available for sale on the PPIHC official website: www.ppihc.com.
It is mandate For the Family Four-Pack that all the four people should be in one vehicle and each occupant along with camping permit should also have a race ticket.